Sales FUNDAMENTALS Course
Sales is a fantastic career choice for anyone, however, like every other role, it’s important to have a solid understanding of the basics in order to be successful. The ability to consistently execute the fundamental skills of sales is much more important than any “masterclass” in selling.
This course has been revised to include skills and strategies that are required for Remote Selling.
This course is designed for people new to the world of sales who need to hit the ground running and start selling.
In addition to covering the world of modern selling this course focusses on two of the “high value” areas of sales, namely, Finding new prospects and closing new prospects.
We love technology, however, we still believe that in Business to Business sales people buy from people. The ability to consistently Find new prospects and then Close those prospects, is one of the most valuable skills in business.
This course is ideal for anyone who is new to sales and needs an understanding of how B2B sales works. Previous attendees have included:
- Sales & Marketing Graduates
- Engineers & Technicians
- Customer Service
The Sales Fundamentals training course provides attendees with the following:
- A thorough understanding of how B2B sales works.
- Skills required to successfully sell remotely
- Strategies and tactics for Social Selling
- How to present solutions and close for the order
- Handle any stalls and objections the customer may have and reclose.
- Lastly but arguably the most important we give people new to sales the confidence they need to get started.
- Session 1 – The Sales Formula. Discover what drives sales and how you can apply the Sales Formula to any business, product/service and sales professional.
- Session 2 – Modern Selling. Learn about the buyers journey and how you can influence buyers through the sales process.
- Session 3 – Building Relationships. In B2B people buy from people so communication skills and building trust is vital.
- Session 4 – Filling your Sales Pipeline. Practical but powerful sales prospecting tactics using Telephone, Email & LinkedIn.
- Session 5 – Questioning Techniques and Handling Stalls & Objections Discover the art of questioning to help buyers convince themselves of the reasons to buy, and how to turn around their stalls and objections.
- Session 6 – Presenting & Closing for the Sale. Learn how to take the answers from your questions and turn them into powerful presentations that motivate buyers to buy.
People learn by doing not sitting in class rooms discussing sales theories. Furthermore, without an opportunity to practice a new skill, salespeople will lose the skill within 30 days. We use a training methodology called “work based learning” which helps salespeople learn while they are working. We do this by creating sales campaigns and working with your team to implement them. We typically achieve:
- Up to 90% higher adoption of new skills
- A proven system to follow for everyone in the company
- Deeper integration between sales and marketing
- Increase in overall sales productivity
- Motivating goal setting strategies with personal action plans for everyon,e
All our training is delivered via the “work based learning” model. This means that we work with teams in advance to set up live sales campaigns in order that participants are given opportunities to use the new skills they are learning.
This model ensures that attendees retain as much of the information as possible. We run this in parallel with our live pipeline coaching which helps participants convert existing deals they are already working on.
This course can be delivered:
- On site as a two day bootcamp (dependant on Covid restrictions). Minimum 5 people and additional travel charges may apply.
- Remotely via 4 x half day workshops. Dates and times confirmed on booking.
- Remotely via 6 x 90 minute virtual training sessions delivered live, on the first three calendar weeks of every month. After booking you are automatically added to the next course which starts on the first Monday of every calendar month.
During the training period each participant has a access to a dedicated coach via telephone, email and live chat.
Option 3 – the open classes run every month and are restricted to 12 participants to ensure classes are not overcrowded.
In addition, we do not allow more than 3 participants from any one company so the session time is never dominated by one organisation.
Should you require more than 3 places we are happy to schedule a separate online class at no extra charge.
Sales Reps leave our courses energised with new ideas, strategies and tactics but often additional questions can arise where they need a sounding board. We provide post course support through our Sales Coaching Platform built inside MS Teams where members can ask questions, via chat, mail and conferencing calls.
The platform uses the Microsoft Teams application and can be access via PC, Tablet or Phone and contains FREE Guides, Templates and Tools.
Ongoing 1-2-1 coaching is also available at an additional cost.
What level of sales experience do the sales training programmes cover?
Our clients have a wide variety of backgrounds but this course is most relevant for SaaS Business Owners, SaaS Sales Managers, SaaS salespeople and Account Managers. What they all have in common is a desire to learn and sell more.
Does the training work with other selling systems and methodologies?
Yes. If you have already trained your salespeople, our training and coaching works alongside any of the major selling systems, such as Miller Heiman, Richardson, SPIN or Solution Selling. In addition we can help you integrate our training into your sales playbook or help you build your own sales playbook.
Will the training cover the sales topics that are important to me?
Yes – all our training and coaching includes an initial needs analysis where you can specify specific areas that are important to you on the condition they are related to sales and marketing.
Do you provide bespoke services for larger organisations?
Yes, and as examples we can help you create and run your own Sales Enablement portal, or provide speakers for sales conferences. Please email us via the Contact Us page with your enquiry.
What industries does the training cover?
Our sales training and coaching is specific to Business to Business selling, not to any specific vertical. We do however have lots of experience selling SaaS solutions within IT, Software, Pharma, Technology, Digital Media, Engineering, Oil & Gas, and Financial Services.
Can I cancel my coaching plan?
If you have ordered additional Coaching we have no desire to “lock in” clients who are in any way unhappy so Yes. You can cancel your coaching plan at any time and you will still have access to your coach and all the content up until the date of when the next monthly payment would have been due.
Additionally many of our clients require bespoke training programmes built around the specific needs of their organisation and people.
All our courses consist of different modules and you can build your own course from these modules to meet your exact needs.
In addition, we can help you create and run your own sales programmes, internal sales academies, partner development programmes, sales enablement portals and sales kick-offs.
Please use the Book a call function below to speak to one of our coaches.
Iain is a very experienced and highly knowledgeable sales trainer. He went over and above to support our company in our sales efforts, and gave us invaluable insight and highly practical tools and resources throughout the course. I would not hesitate to recommend any of his services. He goes over and above, and is genuinely delighted to see your company do well.
Klozers have been helping to train members of my team who are both relatively new to sales and they have found this very useful and have come away from the training sessions inspired and much better informed/equipped. In addition, they have been extremely helpful in assisting me with the overall strategy for a certain part of the business often providing new thoughts they may have had. I can honestly say, attention to detail and vigour Iain provides goes way beyond the call of duty and I cannot recommend him and his company enough.
|Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4||Session 5||Session 6|
|Monday 10th January 1200 – 1330||Monday 17th January 1200 – 1330||Monday 24th January 1200 – 1330||Monday 7th Feb 1400 – 1530||Monday 14th Feb 1400 – 1530||Monday 21st Feb 1400 – 1530|
|Monday 7th February 1200 – 1330||Monday 14th February 1200 – 1330||Monday 21st February 1200 – 1330||Monday 7th March 1400 – 1530||Monday 14th March 1400 – 1530||Monday 21st March 1400 – 1530|
|Monday 7th March 1200 – 1330||Monday 14th March 1200 – 1330||Monday 21st March 1200 – 1330||Monday 4th April 1400 – 1530||Tuesday 11th April 1400 – 1530||Tuesday 18th April 1400 – 1530|
|Monday 4th April 1200 – 1330||Tuesday 11th April 1200 – 1330||Tuesday 11th April 1200 – 1330||Tuesday 2nd May 1400 – 1530||Tuesday 9th May 1400 – 1530||Tuesday 16th May 1400 – 1530|
|Tuesday 2nd May 1200 – 1330||Tuesday 9th May 1200 – 1330||Tuesday 16th May 1200 – 1330||Tuesday 6th June 1400 – 1530||Tuesday 13th June 1400 – 1530||Tuesday 20th June 1400 – 1530|