Consultative Selling Skills Training course
Our Consultative Selling Skills course remains our best selling course across every industry we serve. With over 500 attendees worldwide since its inception, this course has been revised and updated to include content on how to sell remotely. Whether it’s generating new leads or closing deals, remote selling is more important than ever and fits perfectly with the Consultative Selling methodology.
This course is now available via our Sales Team Coaching programme.
This course is ideal for any customer facing salespeople and line managers of salespeople, who need a solid grounding in the Consultative sales methodology. Previous attendees have included:
- Pre-sales professionals
- Business Development professionals
- Key Account Managers
- Sales Managers/Directors
- VP of Sales
- Business Owners/CEO’s
People often hate being sold to, but equally they love to buy. This course helps salespeople facilitate the right conditions for people to buy, without actually selling to them. We help and show participants, how to get buyers to understand for themselves the reasons they should buy, rather than our reasons. which may or may not, be relevant to them.
We provide a framework and a methodology that participants can use from marketing, to lead generation, to closing deals and growing accounts. The framework will compliment any existing sales models you have, and integrate with your standard operating systems and processes such as your CRM system.
- More confidence and self-belief
- A non-salesy way for introverts to sell
- A proven system to follow
- Strategies, techniques and skills
- Motivating goal setting strategies with personal action plans
Spend time and learn from the specialists who have developed top sales people, and see why others rave about our ability to communicate key selling principles in clear, understandable, and practical ways.
You’ll learn why our clients sell more, and have more fun doing it.
- Session 1 – Sales Psychology. Build the mindset, goals and activities of a Sales Winner. Discover the psychology behind every sale and how you can use this to your advantage.
- Session 2 – Modern Selling. Professional selling is changing and without a thorough understanding of what you need to be successful, you will struggle. Discover the “Sales Formula” and how you can apply this to any business, product, service or salesperson.
- Session 3 – Advanced questioning skills. Discover how to position yourself as a Subject Matter Expert and ask powerful questions that help you sell value not price.
- Session 4 – Mastering the complex Sale. How to identify different decision makers with different and often competing priorities.
- Session 5 – Filling your Sales Pipeline. Discover short and long term strategies for driving new sales enquiries whilst maximising your productivity.
- Session 6 – Sales Negotiation. Creating effective and mutually beneficial agreements that build trust and long term relationships.
Prospects buy for their reasons not ours, and even if our reasons are aligned with theirs, it is always much more powerful to have the prospect crystalize their own thoughts. The Consultative selling methodology helps salespeople create the right conditions for the sale, by provoking and motivating the buyer with questions.
From the outset, our mindset must be to look for and define a gap between where the prospect is now, and where they want/need to be after the successful adoption of your product/service. No gap means no sale.
Defining the symptoms means as prospects invariably are not subject matter experts on your product/service, they can often misdiagnose their problems. When the prospect misdiagnoses the problem they invariably then misdiagnose the solution. Symptoms are what the prospect is experiencing at a surface level and often never the real problem.
By using specialised questioning techniques and active listening, we can help prospects uncover the underlying problems behind the business pain they are experiencing and where necessary, gently challenge their assumptions in a way that maintains rapport.
By using a question based approach, we prevent sales reps from delivering canned sales pitches of your product or service that makes them look and sound like a traditional sales person.
A consultative approach can be used throughout the sales process, from discovering customer’s needs and the value they seek, through to closing a sale.
Unlike traditional Training Companies, we believe people learn by doing rather than following theory in text books in a classroom.
We use a workshop methodology where we have a blended mix of theory where appropriate, whilst focussing the majority of the time on real life sales challenges.
Attendees are guided through each session, and individually undertake real life sales scenarios.
This ensures each attendee remains engaged and learning in a positive and supportive environment.
Each Course Module last no more than 90 minutes to ensure attendees can absorb the new strategies and tactics covered.
- All our training is delivered via the “work based learning” model. This means that we work with teams in advance to set up live sales campaigns, in order that participants are given opportunities to use the new skills they are learning.
This model ensures that attendees retain as much of the information as possible. We run this in parallel with our live pipeline coaching, which helps participants convert existing deals they are already working on.
This course can be delivered:
- For best results this the modules within this course can be delivered via our Sales Coaching service.
- On site as a one day bootcamp (dependant on Covid restrictions). Minimum 5 people and additional travel charges may apply.
- Remotely via 2 x half day workshops. Dates and times confirmed on booking.
- Remotely via 6 x 60 minute virtual training sessions delivered live, on the first three calendar weeks of every month. After booking you are automatically added to the next course which starts on the first Thursday of every calendar month.
During the training period each participant has access to a dedicated coach via telephone, email and live chat.
Attendees leave our sales courses energised with new ideas, strategies and tactics, but often additional questions can arise where they need a sounding board. We provide post course support through our Sales Coaching Platform built inside MS Teams where members can ask questions, via chat, mail and conferencing calls.
The platform uses the Microsoft Teams application and can be access via PC, Tablet or Phone and contains FREE Guides, Templates and Tools.
Ongoing 1-2-1 coaching is also available at an additional cost.
What level of sales experience does the consultative selling programmes require?
This course uses a genuinely different approach to selling. Because of this we have successfully delivered this course to graduates who are new to sales, and experienced sales professionals who are looking to both refresh and top up their sales skills.
Does the training work with other selling systems and methodologies?
Yes. If you have already trained your salespeople, our training and coaching works alongside any of the major selling systems, such as Miller Heiman, Richardson, SPIN or Solution Selling.
Will the training cover the sales topics that are important to me?
Yes – all our training and coaching includes an initial needs analysis where you can specify any areas that are important to you.
What industries does the training cover?
Our sales training and coaching is specific to Business to Business selling, not to any specific vertical. We do however have lots of experience in IT, Pharma, Technology, SaaS, Professional Services, Digital Media, Construction, Engineering, Oil & Gas, Banking, Software and Financial Services.
Can I cancel my coaching plan?
If you have ordered additional Coaching we have no desire to “lock in” clients who are in any way unhappy so Yes. You can cancel your coaching plan at any time and you will still have access to your coach and all the content up until the date of when the next monthly payment would have been due.
Should you require training for 4 or more participants we can set up separate sessions exclusively for your team at a date/time convenient to you.
Furthermore, if time and budget permits we can tailor the material in advance of the training in order that the context and relevance meets the needs of your organisation.
Please use the “Book a call” function below to speak to one of our coaches.
I found the course which I attended that Iain ran to be very informative, insightful and well structured. It covered a huge amount of ground but in very digestible pieces which meant that after two days I felt that I was leaving with a considerably greater understanding of selling psychology and a notebook full of helpful techniques. Would highly recommend his sales training to anyone.
I attended a Klozers Sales Training course on Consultative Selling Skills recently and it was definitely the best training I have ever had – in fact, anyone who knows me has heard me raving about it ever since!
I have been working with Klozers for preparing a sales presentation for Suma Rührtechnik, a manufacturing company in Germany. I was working together with Iain, a very professional and helpful person. He helped me in understanding what customers want, how to sell our products successful and how to understand, analyse and serve the target market. Thanks to Iain, my presentation had been truly a success and I gained confidence in selling and promoting our products. I would work with him again anytime!